The Holiday Contract. The Inclusive Holiday Contract is with Steam Packet Holidays and commences on receipt of deposit or payment in full. In the event of a telephone booking, a copy of the terms and conditions will be forwarded to you. If you do not accept the terms and conditions, you must advise Steam Packet Holidays in writing within 7 days and you are entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
- Protection. Steam Packet Holidays is a member of the Passenger Shipping Association and its Consumer Protection Scheme and bonded accordingly. This ensures the protection of your monies once paid and covers the cost of repatriation to the U.K. mainland. The Passenger Shipping Association is Government approved under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Tours Regulations 1992.
- Holiday Payment. At the time of booking, please send a deposit of £40/€60 per adult and £20/€30 per child. The balance is payable 6 weeks before your holiday commences. If the booking is made within 6 weeks of your departure date, the full cost of the holiday must be paid at the time of booking.
- Alterations made by you. If you wish to change any of the details of your holiday after we have sent the confirmation, you may be liable to a charge of £15/€20 per booking to cover any administration costs incurred.
- Cancellations. Should you cancel your holiday, a cancellation fee is payable. The fee is calculated from the table below. A cancellation is regarded as valid only if stated in writing to Steam Packet Holidays. The lead name of the booking must also sign the written cancellation.
Please note: Refunds will not be made unless travel tickets and documents are returned to Steam Packet Holidays.Period before scheduled departure within which written notification is received by Steam Packet Holidays.
Amount of cancellation charge (expressed as a % of total holiday price, excluding insurance premium)
Cancellations or changes to your holiday made by us. a.Within our control. In the unlikely event that we cancel or make major changes to your confirmed holiday, we will offer you an alternative. If we are unable to offer you an acceptable alternative holiday you may cancel completely and we will refund all payments already made.
| Period before scheduled departure within which written notification is received by steam packet holidays
||Amount of cancellation charge (expressed as a % of total holiday price, excluding insurance premium|
| More than 42 days
| 29 - 42 days
| 15 - 28 days
| 1 - 14 days
|| 60% |
|On or after departure
b.Beyond our control. Should we be forced to cancel your confirmed holiday, or make major changes to it, as the result of industrial action, natural disaster, inclement weather, transport technical problems, port closures, civil disturbance, riot, terrorist activity, governmental action, threat of war or any other situations beyond our control, we would of course, offer you an alternative holiday at the normal cost, or give you a full refund. What is meant by ‘major’ changes. A major change is one that involves an alteration to the time of departure or return by more than 12 hours, a change of departure port, or a change of hotel to one of a lower standard. Minor alterations. Should we have to make small changes to your holiday details you or your Travel Agent will be notified at the earliest opportunity.
- Travel delays. In the event of a delay to your departure by sea, Steam Packet Holidays will assist as much as possible. Should your delay be greater t%an 12 hours, Steam Packet Holidays. will pay £20/€30 for the first full 12 hours that a client is delayed, and £10/€15 for each 12 hours thereafter, up to a maximum of £60/€90 per person. This compensation will be paid provided you do not have any insurance cover offering the same or similar compensation scheme. This action will only be undertaken provided the delay has been caused by a direct result of strike, industrial action, adverse weather conditions or mechanical breakdown of sea vessel.
- Price Guarantee. The price of your travel arrangements is subject to surcharges on the following items for increases in: transportation costs e.g. fuel, action such as increases in VAT or any other Government imposed increases. Even in this case, we will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. Only amounts in excess of this 2% will be surcharged but where a surcharge is payable there will be an administration charge of 50p together with an amount to cover agents’ commission. If this means paying more than 10% on the holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all money paid except for any premium paid to us for holiday insurance and amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on the invoice. Steam Packet Holidays. reserves the right to amend its published prices, including those published in this brochure.
- Complaints. In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your accommodation, you should immediately contact the hotelier or accommodation agent/owner in order that they be given the opportunity to resolve the problem to your satisfaction. If the problem cannot be resolved by the hotelier or accommodation agent/owner, you should contact Steam Packet Holidays by telephone on (01624) 645 777 for assistance (answer phone service outside office hours). Should the matter still remain unresolved locally and you wish to take it up with us on return, the lead name on the booking should write to Steam Packet Holidays within 14 days quoting the booking reference and all relevant details concerning the complaint. We regret that we are unable to look into complaints concerning holiday accommodation if the above procedure has not been adhered to.
- Our responsibility to you. We accept responsibility for the acts and omissions of our employees and agents and for those of our suppliers. We also accept responsibility if any service which we are obliged to provide by our contract with you proves not to be of reasonable standard. In cases where Steam Packet Holidays. is liable for failure to perform or improper performance of the services involved in the holiday package, such liability should be limited in accordance with the Athens Convention of 1974 on Carriage by Sea, the Berne Convention of 1961 on Carriage by Rail and the Paris Convention of 1962 on the Liability of Hotelkeepers; whereas, moreover, with regard to damage other than personal injury, Steam Packet Holidays contract limits liability to twice the value of the holiday.
- Conditions of carriage. When travelling with a carrier, the Conditions of Carriage of that carrier will apply, some of which may exclude or limit liability. The conditions applying to your journey are available for inspection at the offices of Steam Packet Holidays.
- Website Accuracy. Steam Packet Holidays have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of all details contained on this website. However, there may be occasions when a specified accommodation facility is not available. In this instance we will make every effort to inform you of any changes. Steam Packet Holidays reserve the right to alter the specified accommodation facilities without being liable to you for any compensation or refund.
- Special Requirement. Please advise of any special requirements at the time of booking and Steam Packet Holidays will endeavour to ensure they are provided. These requests are at the discretion of the hotel or self catering establishments and Steam Packet Holidays Limited cannot guarantee or accept any liability for failure to provide a request by the accommodation establishment. If you or a member of your party are disabled or infirm, you are advised to travel on one of the Steam Packet Company’s conventional vessels, as these ships are better equipped for special needs.
- Dogs. For the benefit of all passengers, it is preferred that dogs travel in vehicles on the well-ventilated car decks. No charge is made in this case, or for Guide Dogs accompanied by their owners. A fare of £10/€15 will apply to any other dog taken in to permitted passenger areas on board the ship, but please note that dogs are not allowed in to passenger areas on board SeaCat Fast Ferries. Please call for further information.